You’re a strategic and visionary leader with a track record of building and growing a brand. As an entrepreneurial thinker, you’re energized by a company or product in a high-growth cycle, and stay close to the tactical rollout along with your team. As a creative and innovative thinker, you are passionate about the consumer packaged goods industry and are often the inspiration for others to want to join you on the journey.
Smart, Savvy + Associates has partnered with the Little Potato Company in their search for a Director Digital Marketing. Reporting to the VP of Marketing and Product Innovation, this role will develop and lead digital strategy across all channels. If you’re a dynamic team leader with an outstanding track record of digital marketing success in consumer packaged goods, and you love (little) potatoes, consider applying for this career opportunity today!
About the role:
- Responsible to develop a long-term vision to build and sustain a world-class digital brand presence; leads development of annual digital marketing plans and budgets
- Develops, implements, and manages new and ongoing digital advertising and promotional activities, works closely with all stakeholders in Marketing and Sales to ensure cohesiveness
- Ongoing optimization of all owned, earned and paid digital media channels
- Partners with internal team members to build exciting and engaging promotions and digital content in an effort to reach company and marketing goals
- Manages and oversees company website stability, maintenance and optimization
- Evolves the company’s marketing technology stack to ensure workflow efficiency and the collection of insightful data that enables the company to effectively communicate and connect with consumers
- Sets performance objectives; fine tunes KPIs and analytics protocols.
- Uses data to develop more effective digital promotions
- Develops, manages, and nurtures relationships with strategic digital partners/vendors
- Builds and launches effective digital marketing programs for retail grocery customers
- Fosters a team environment of ongoing learning, engagement and growth through mentorship and support
- Keeps up-to-date with digital trends and technologies to support marketing, brand and organizational initiatives
- 7+ years’ experience developing successful digital strategies and managing integrated digital marketing programs, specifically in the consumer packaged goods industry
- University and/or graduate degree in business, marketing or communications
- Experience leading digital teams and working with strategic digital service partners
- Entrepreneurial leadership style; willing to explore new ideas and take risks to propose innovative digital marketing initiatives that make an impact
- Collaborates effectively with internal teams to create a compelling brand story and exciting promotions
- Knows how to leverage the dynamics of different digital channels, technologies, and services to maximize the organization’s digital marketing performance
- Works well with people that challenge the status quo; willing to stumble, has a hunger to learn
- Ability to work both independently and with a large team of internal and external stakeholders to achieve objectives
- Skilled project manager that can balance priorities and keep teams focused
- Loves to delight and educate consumers, create exciting consumer experiences, and build a strong brand presence through impactful content and powerful story-telling
- Experience in integrated marketing campaigns (experience in offline an asset)
About Smart, Savvy + Associates
Smart, Savvy + Associates provide expert-level recruitment of the highest-calibre marketing, communications, creative, and sales professionals. Our specialty is strong relationships: we get to know our candidates and we take the time to explore the job requirements, cultural context and business objectives surrounding each hire.