Manager, Marketing Operations
You are an expert in technology and data as it relates to all aspects of marketing. You are constantly learning, and use your knowledge and skills to develop strategies and action plans that effectively link technology to business outcomes. A strong leader and communicator, you enjoy collaborating with other areas of expertise to marry innovation and data to solve problems and develop new initiatives.
Smart, Savvy + Associates has partnered with our client, an established provincial organization, in their search for a Manager, Marketing Operations. This role reports to the Director of Digital Marketing and Customer Relationship Management and is directly responsible for the organization’s marketing technology stack and associated data. If you have extensive experience in developing marketing technology and data strategy, and want to join an organization consistently ranked in BC’s Top 50 Employers, consider applying for this role today!
About the role:
The Manager, Marketing Operations will lead the organization in the development of strategy and execution around data and marketing technology platforms, with a focus on enabling relevant interactions with customers. Main areas of responsibility include:
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to develop long-term strategy for marketing technology and data-driven marketing that aligns with overarching corporate strategy
- Advises on marketing technology enhancements to support strategy and business outcomes
- Function as business lead for using technology and data to support all data-driven marketing strategy and tactics including issues management and outcome reporting
- Responsible for department budget to support new technology spends, including budget development and ongoing management and reporting
- Provides effective and supportive leadership to team members as well as throughout the organization, in support of individual and team development/performance as well as corporate change management initiatives
- Develop positive relationships and strategic partnerships with internal and external stakeholders/leadership, contractors/vendors, regulatory and government bodies
- University degree in a related discipline such as business, or computer science
- 5+ years’ related experience in marketing technology and data strategy development, with strong skillset in analytics
- 5 years’ management experience including team leadership and business unit responsibility
- Extensive experience in marketing technology including databases, automation platforms, CMS, data management, and analytics
- Excellent communicator with a collaborative work style, recognized for strong teamwork and leadership across an organization
- Balances creativity and innovative mindset with excellent time-management and detail-oriented ability, while staying focused on achieving desired business results
- Experience with content management systems and web analytics tools
About Smart, Savvy + Associates
Smart, Savvy + Associates are the experts in recruiting high-calibre marketing, communications, creative, and sales professionals. Our specialty is strong relationships: we get to know our candidates and we take the time to fully understand the job requirements, cultural context and business objectives surrounding each hire.