You’re a communicator at the top of your game, yet you’re still looking for more, and would love to level up your career in a customer-first, tech-savvy organization. You’re looking to build, to innovate, to break through barriers and develop storylines that are told via external channels. Relationships are a strength and you communicate with ease (and persuasion) to media, analysts, external stakeholders, internal teams, and customers alike.
Smart, Savvy + Associates has partnered with our client, a global leader in tech communications, in their search for a Communications Director. As the Communications Director, you will lead a strong team of savvy communicators in developing strategies and executing on communications programs that support ambitious organization objectives. If you are an expert strategic communicator with an ease around external stakeholders, technology, and global relations, consider applying today!
About the role:
- Provide oversight, direction, content, and corporate best practices for both the regional teams as well as the communications team headquartered in Vancouver
- Create strategic communications plans and campaigns, determining budget and resources, and implementing through to execution. The scope of these plans includes: Public relations, executive communications, thought leadership, industry analyst relations, and customer advocacy.
- Provide communications leadership to the executive team, with a strong focus on financial messaging and content
- Be go-to contact for agencies and manage agency relationships towards success based on organizational strategy
- Train spokespeople to deliver consistent and compelling content
- 15+ years experience in corporate communications and media relations, with a focus on investor, internal and external communications in the technology sector (software / SaaS). Includes:
- 8+ years’ analyst relations experience in the tech industry
- 5+ years’ working in an agency environment
- 8+ years experience leading a team using strengths-based coaching and development programs
- Effective collaboration and persuasive communication ability to work with stakeholders at all levels of the organization
- Professional leader in communications field, with top-level external communications skills, and proactive approach to adopting cutting-edge communications practices including social
- Strong executive membership experience, with ability to advise leadership related to media relations, crisis management, industry communications
- Experience implementing and executing a strategic roadmap with a customer-centric approach
- Excellent communications skills, including presentation, writing, and editing abilities for media relations, executive speeches, business communications
- Strong analytical ability with business acumen to communicate with relevancy related to financial metrics for a publicly-traded company
This role is based in our client’s Vancouver office. This is not a remote work opportunity.
About Smart, Savvy + Associates Recruitment Professionals
Smart, Savvy + Associates is Canada’s fastest-growing marketing recruitment specialty firm. We are fully focused on helping companies connect with talented, proven marketing, communications and sales professionals to help grow their businesses.