You are a SEM specialist with an eCommerce background, and well-familiar with Google shopping and Product Lifting Ads. You’re a critical, analytical thinker who accesses and interprets data to inform strategy and support others’ understanding of your work. You enjoy a highly collaborative work environment and sharing your specific expertise to contribute to an interactive team approach.
Smart, Savvy + Associates has partnered with our client, a national in-store and online retailer, in their search for a Manager, SEM. This specialized role reports to the Senior Digital Marketing Manager and is responsible for leading the company’s paid search program. If you’re data-driven, with an aptitude for effective project management, and you are seeking an opportunity to use your SEM skills to drive growth at a national level, this role might be the challenge you’ve be waiting for.
About the role:
- Lead SEM program, including development of vision, strategic direction, and annual SEM strategy, including budget and category prioritization
- Responsible for optimization of all SEM campaigns, to attain year-over-year improvement of KPIs for every category while constantly optimizing the ratio of prospecting vs. remarketing to meet objectives
- Collaborate with team member in trade marketing and category marketing to develop category-specific SEM campaigns and present vendor funding opportunities
- Manage relationship with external stakeholders including SEM agency, Google and Bing while working with digital marketing and eCommerce team members to create and refine audiences
- Post-secondary education in marketing or commerce
- 4+ years’ working in SEM, including experience managing a seven-figure SEM account
- 2+ years’ experience working with dashboards and reports to assess success of optimizations
- Strong skills in project management and Microsoft Office Suite (Excel & PowerPoint)
- Expert-level user of Google AdWords and Google DoubleClick
- Demonstrated experience using Adobe Analytics (SiteCatalyst/Omniture), Adobe Audience Manager and other Adobe Marketing Cloud products
How you’ll #StandApart:
- Post-graduate education e.g. MBA
- Certification in digital media e.g. Google AdWords, Google DoubleClick, Adobe Marketing Cloud
- Familiar with/interest in personal electronics and tech products
- Knowledge of the retail industry
About Smart, Savvy + Associates
Smart, Savvy + Associates are the experts in recruiting high-calibre marketing, communications, creative, and sales professionals. Our specialty is strong relationships: we get to know our candidates and we take the time to fully understand the job requirements, cultural context and business objectives surrounding each hire.